Saturday, November 19, 2016

Thanksgiving


Each year, during some quiet moment in this season of Thanksgiving, I like to number a sheet of blank paper 1-my current age. Then I list everything I'm grateful for in my life, my church, my community, and the world. This exercise quickly silences any murmuring and complaining I may be tempted to do.

This exercise works well with children and teenagers in Sunday School classes too.

I thank you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will sing your praise. Psalm 138:1.

Query: What are you grateful for this year?

Muriel Fish serves as church librarian, Superintendent of Sunday School, and she is a student in the American Baptist Churches of Maine Institute for Ministry (AIM). She lives on Fishbone Farm with her husband and 3 hens. When she's not collecting eggs, she's studying or teaching public speaking and writing courses at Thomas College.

1 comment: